Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Grain of Salt


















For dinner, I grill asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, cracked pepper and put them in the oven. I love the crispy heads. If I was more selfish than I am, I would bite them all off before they ever reached the table.















For the al dente fettuccine, I make brown butter. I cook the butter over very low heat then slowly increase the heat as I grow more and more impatient. A little shy of medium would have been fine to start out with, I note for future reference. It bubbles then darkens. I am unsure what to do with the mushrooms. In the end, I decide to cook them in the butter right before serving. I'm using button mushrooms, but I would like to try this again with a more exotic mushroom. I am working on creating something that is subtle, but not bland. This really isn't a bad start. Sea salt and cracked pepper, naturally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel said this was his favorite part of easter dinner. Good work.
-Betsy

Anonymous said...

Good post.